Terms & Conditions
American Auto Shield (AAS) administrates repair claims brought under vehicle service contracts. In an effort to provide better service and to streamline the claim process for our customers, American Auto Shield maintains a network of vehicle repair facility vendors across the continental United States, as well as Alaska and Hawaii.
There is no cost associated with inclusion in AAS’ Repair Facility Network. This is a referral service purely for the benefit and use of AAS customers as part of the claim process. Repair facility vendors who agree to be included in AAS’ Repair Facility Network may be referred to customers in order to assist customers with finding a suitable vendor to facilitate the customer’s vehicle repairs.
By agreeing to be included AAS’ Repair Facility Network, the undersigned Repair Facility agree to the following general terms and conditions:
- General Conditions:
- File claims by calling 1-800-531-1925 or by completing a form online at www.aasclaim.com.
- Thoroughly diagnose and report the cause of failure to the Company.
- Use industry labor guides and charge posted labor rates.
- Abide by VSC provisions for coverage determinations.
- Contract holder responsible for non-covered repairs.
- Repair Facility Warranty:
- Warrant vehicle repairs for 12 months or 12,000 miles.
- For parts shipped in by AAS, AAS will warrant.
- Email the complete invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include contract holder details, claim/authorization number, and signature.
- Reimbursement within the same day of receipt by 3:00 pm MST, Monday-Friday.
- Term & Removal from Network:
- Repair Facility may request removal from AAS’ Repair Facility Network at any time by contacting email@example.com.
- AAS may remove Repair Facility from the Repair Facility Network at any time by contacting the business representative for Repair Facility identified below.
- 1. CarShield, a Missouri-based company, enters into a referral agreement with a Repair Facility for potential customer referrals. Under the agreement, the Repair Facility refers potential customers to CarShield's vehicle service contracts through CarShield, and CarShield compensates the Repair Facility with $250 for each successful referral after 60 days of active coverage has elapsed.
- Referral Process:
- 1. For a successful referral of the Repair Facility a customer must go to CarShield.com/Coverage and enter the Repair Facility’s name. A customer can go to CarShield.com/Coverage directly, or scan the QR Code provided in the free promotional materials provided by CarShield. If a Customer calls CarShield or submits their information by another method, they will not be considered a successful referral per this program. CarShield will pull a report on the first (1st) business day of each month listing the customer’s name and the Repair Facility.
- No Relationship:
- Nothing in this Terms of Service shall create any special relationship between AAS and Repair Facility. This Terms of Service does not constitute an endorsement by AAS of the work performed by Repair Facility nor does this constitute an endorsement by Repair Facility of AAS’ claim adjudication.
- Limitation of Liability:
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LABILE TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFIT OR LOST BUSINESS, COSTS OF DELAY OR FAILURE OF DELIVERY, WHICH ARE NOT RELATED TO OR THE DIRECT RESULT OF A PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE OR BREACH.
- Disclaimer of Warranties:
- EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, AAS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND PROVIDES NO GUARANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, PROMISES, STATEMENTS, ESTIMATES, OR OTHER INDUCEMENTS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, ORAL, WRITTEN, OR OTHERWISE, TO REPAIR FACILITY, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN. AAS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY WHICH MIGHT OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED BY LAW, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OF NONINFRINGEMENT. AAS SHALL REFER POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS TO REPAIR FACILITY. REPAIR FACILITY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT SUCH REFERRALS WILL CREATE ANY ADDITIONAL PROFITS, SALES, EXPOSURE, BRAND RECOGNITION, OR THE LIKE. REPAIR FACILITY HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY TO AAS AND AAS HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY TO REPAIR FACILITY OTHER THAN THOSE SET FORTH ABOVE.
By signing this Terms of Service, Repair Facility agrees to be included in AAS’ Repair Facility Network, abide by the terms and conditions set forth above, and reasonably cooperate with AAS in the processing of service contract claims.